Sunday, September 13, 2009

A new poem from me.

22. "Regrets to a Friend"

So sorry to those I badly impress
With my abundant love and friendliness, which I do not suppress
People I meet, I mean not to smother, nevertheless I inadvertently harm
'Twas not my intention to impose my friendship to one who's life was filled with such stress.
If I could turn back the hands of time, how I would better address
But my love and friendship were too much, this I sincerely confess.
My heart aches and cries out to make amends
But useless is my attempt for it still offends
No chance did you bestow to me
Upon yourself an opportunity to see
The best friend I could ever be
'Tis my fault, now and forever
Wilt thou forgive me ever?
Canst thou find within thy heart
So that we can have a fresh start
To be friends, ones that can never part?
More respectful should I have been
I would have been a dear, sweet friend
One that would be there to hear
Words and thoughts from him so dear
Whether news of joy or that which bringeth a tear
So happy he would have been to know
That a friend here could show
The care and love I canst bestow.
Alas, 'twill never be
A poor friend he saw in me.
Forever in my heart I shall regret
My behavior to a potential friend I met
Sorrow in my heart shall forever be set
To my old friend, I am truly sorry
For not being the true friend I could be.
Much love I do send
This is the end.

1 comment:

  1. very nice poem sir...this one seems the most personal out of all and i mean ALL you have cent me

    ReplyDelete